Theme: ChangingCities,Building Opportunities
Proposals from Children: This is how I change my city to make it better.
You often learn global issues such as “Disaster”, “Conflict”, “Poverty” or “Climate Change” in TV and/or newspaper. What do you propose to change in order to make your city/town better so that you can live safely and happily?
Let’s think what we can do for the future of our cities and towns. Changing cities in better ways revitalize them with more opportunities. How will YOU change your City? Express freely your idea on the drawing.
- 4th through 6th grade pupils of public/private schools (mainly in Asia and the Pacific)
- Submission Period
- 2 July through 14 September 2012
- Deadline for Submission
- Friday, 14 September 2012
- Please send drawings to the following address
(We would appreciate it if you submit the drawings by school as a unit.)
UN-HABITAT Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific - Fukuoka
Attn: Children's Drawing Contest
ACROS Fukuoka 8F
1-1-1 Tenjin, Chuo-ku Fukuoka City 810-0001 JAPAN
- Drawing Materials
- No restrictions
- Drawing paper (542mm x 382mm) or (382mm x 271mm). If you are submitting drawings (382mm x 271mm), please paste it on a 542mm x 382mm size paper.
Write a short introduction paragraph/message in English about the drawing.(Use Attachment 3 of downloaded PDF)
- Other Remarks
- Make sure to paste a label on the back of the drawing with your name, grade and the name of the school/city/town/village. (Use Attachment 1 of downloaded PDF)
- Make a separate name list by school. (Use Attachment 2 of downloaded PDF)
- Staple introduction paragraphs together with the name list.
- We do not return the original drawings to applicants.
- Submitted drawings will belong to UN-HABITAT ROAP - Fukuoka and may be used for its promotional materials.
note: Please make sure that all the supporting documents (especially name of applicants/school, address and phone number) are TYPED in BLOCK LETTERS. Any submission with illegible handwriting will not be considered for the contest.
- First Judging
- The first judging will take place at UN-HABITAT ROAP - Fukuoka and a certain number of drawings will be selected as excellent drawings. UN-HABITAT ROAP - Fukuoka will then inform the schools of participants who passed the first judging.
- Final Judging
- Awards will be determined from the selected drawing by members of the Judging Committee.
The selected drawings will be exhibited in mid-November 2012 in Fukuoka City. (Venue to be determined.)
The final judging will determine the following awards:
- UN-HABITAT ROAP Award (Gold, Silver, and Bronze)
- Asian-Pacific Children's Convention in FUKUOKA Award
- Water for Life Award
- Special Award
Using the selected drawings, the Organiser will produce the 2013 Habitat Original Calendar and distribute it to all the participating individuals and schools. Also, we will initiate a donation campaign using the Calendar. Donation will be used to support "Water for Life" projects of UN-HABITAT in Asia and the Pacific.
- Organised by
- UN-HABITAT Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific(ROAP) - Fukuoka
Executive Committee of World Habitat Day 2012 in Fukuoka
- Supported by
- Fukuoka Prefecture Educational Board; Saga Prefecture Educational Board; Nagasaki Prefecture Educational Board; Kumamoto Prefecture Educational Board; Oita Prefecture Educational Board; Miyazaki Prefecture Educational Board; Kagoshima Prefecture Educational Board; Okinawa Prefecture Educational Board; Fukuoka City Prefecture Educational Board; Kitakyushu City Prefecture Educational Board; Fukuoka International Exchange Foundation; Fukuoka International Association; NPO Asian-Pacific Children's Convention in FUKUOKA; Soroptimist International of the Americas - Japan Minami Region